Health and safety – Safety and health protection at work
The employer’s obligations in the field of occupational safety and health are determined by §6 of the Act of the National Council of the Slovak Republic no. 124/2006 Coll. the Act on Safety and Health at Work and on Amendments to Certain Acts.
The aim of health and safety is to ensure a safe workplace, to prevent accidents at work, occupational diseases and other damage to health, and to carry out effective prevention is the main goal of health and safety.
OSH it’s not just training , OSH includes a wide range of activities that we provide for our clients, for example:
- Elaboration and updating of comprehensive occupational health and safety documentation, including analysis of risks that occur in the workplace
- Subsequently, the design of personal protective equipment (PPE) and control of their use
- Regular health and safety inspections – by a professionally qualified person
- Determining safe working procedures
- Implementing measures and improving working conditions and adapting them to employees; take into account changing real and foreseeable circumstances and scientific and technical knowledge achieved
- Establishment of a list of prohibited works (juvenile workers, pregnant women, breastfeeding women, women up to the end of the 9th month after childbirth),
- Control of alcohol and narcotic and psychotropic substance use in the workplace
- Procedures for what to do in the event of an accident at work and keeping records of accidents
- Inspection of ladders and racks – their stability, wear and damage
- Check that all necessary revisions are provided
- Providing safety signs in the workplace
- And many other responsibilities
Frequently asked questions:
- Who must have secure health and safety?
Health and safety must be provided by everyone who already employs 1 employee (for any contract – employment contract, agreement, internship, temporary agreement)
- Who performs health and safety inspections?
Inspections are performed by the relevant Labor Inspectorate. In the case of providing health and safety services by our company, we represent you directly at your inspection at every inspection.
- When is it necessary to carry out health and safety training?
Health and safety training is performed before starting work or at the latest on commencement of work and subsequently at least once every 24 months.
- Do we have to have a first aid kit at work?
Yes, the employer is obliged to provide the means for providing first aid.
- Are employees entitled to free work clothes and personal protective equipment?
Employers are obliged to provide employees with work clothes and work shoes if they work in an environment in which the clothes or shoes are subject to extraordinary wear and tear or extraordinary pollution.
The employer is also obliged to provide free of charge effective personal protective equipment, if required by the protection of health and life at work.
- Do we have a duty to provide hygiene needs for employees?
Yes, the employer is obliged to provide washing, cleaning and disinfecting agents to ensure physical hygiene.
- Who pays for a medical examination for an employee?
All costs associated with the assessment of medical fitness for work are covered by the employer (medical examination, eye examination, etc.).